Thursday, October 15, 2009

Patti Scialfa volunteers to spearhead NJ Habitat project

Origanally Posted: June 17, 2008 - Tuesday

This text is taken from www.backstreets.com
PATTI SCIALFA, FIRST LADY OF NEW JERSEY
Mrs. S. volunteers to spearhead NJ Habitat project

Patti Scialfa has been absent from the Magic tour so far this year, apparently tending the home fires... now, she's gonna build a house. Habitat for Humanity's "National First Families Building Homes Program" is usually hosted by the spouse of a state governor, who partners with a local Habitat affiliate for a home-building project. Where to turn in the great state of New Jersey, where Gov. Jon Corzine is single? Naturally, to Patti, who has agreed to serve as the official "first lady" for Paterson, NJ's First Families project, known as Women Build.
With Patti joined by her mother Pat and her daughter Jessica, this will be the first three-generational Women Build team for Paterson Habitat For Humanity "I have lived in New Jersey for my entire life and I am well aware of the critical need for affordable housing for low-income families," she says. "I am grateful for the chance to help Paterson Habitat and proud to be working with my family on this effort." The target date for the build is May 12.
-March 11, 2008
Patti Scialfa rejoined the E Street Band in Red Bank on Wednesday for only her second show with them this year. Previously, she played the April 22 Magic show in Tampa, bringing the band back to full force the day after Danny's funeral, but otherwise has been "soaking up the last hurrah of having all three of the kids in the house at once," she tells Backstreets. "Our oldest is off to college next year, so I wanted to be here and just go through the whole college process with him. I'll do the European tour, and some of the shows at the end of the tour. I miss being there! But I have to say, I'm really enjoying my kids... it's harder to leave as they get older, in a funny kind of way." But Europe is a go? "Oh, definitely -- I'm already booked in. I will be there."
In the meantime, Patti's "honorary First Lady of New Jersey" work with Habitat for Humanity ramps up on Monday, May 12. She'll lead a Wall Raising ceremony for Paterson Habitat's "Women Build" project that afternoon, along with her mom Vivian and her daughter Jessica. That's preceded by a fund-raising luncheon hosted by Greenbaum Interiors. For tickets and more information, visit patersonhabitat.org.
-May 9, 2008

No comments: